18 Sep How To Pick The Right Cleaning Solutions
Keeping our homes or offices clean and free of germs and pathogens is one thing that can really bring us peace of mind. This is even more important when it comes to carpet cleaning, as the solutions used to deep clean carpets throughout your entire home need to be both effective and safe. So how do you choose a cleaning solution that both works to effectively remove dangerous germs from your home, while also keeping your family safe and healthy?
Organic vs. Non-Organic Professional Cleaning Solutions: Which Is Better?
When it comes to professional carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, and upholstery cleaning, it’s the combination of both the cleaning solution and the cleaning method that produces results. The cleaning solution used is an essential component that helps to loosen dirt and grease, lift stains and remove germs and mold from your carpets, tiles and soft furnishings.
With the recent trend towards environmental awareness and organic or natural products, more carpet cleaning companies are offering natural and organic carpet cleaning solutions to meet this market. The idea of a natural cleaning solution is appealing, but it’s important to assess which cleaning solution will offer the best results for your space and your needs.
Natural and Organic Cleaning Solutions
With ingredients copied from Mother Nature, organic cleaning solutions are touted as being safer and gentler on your surfaces.
Some of the benefits of organic cleaning solutions include:
- ‘Green’ cleaning solutions may be safer for the environment, reducing the contribution to pollution.
- Natural solutions may be gentler, reducing the risk of allergies or irritations.
- Ingredients in natural cleaning solutions are often found in nature, so you are introducing less foreign chemicals and substances into your home or office.
- Green cleaning products avoid the use of ingredients that rely on non-renewable resources, such as petroleum.
However, there are disadvantages to natural cleaning solutions:
- Organic cleaning solutions are often less harsh, which can also mean they are less effective. They may need to be used for longer periods of time, causing damage to your flooring.
- Natural cleaning solutions may not produce the results you want, failing to remove stains, odors, and even dirt and pathogens.
- Natural cleaning products are not necessarily more healthy – studies have shown that roughly half out of one hundred natural products tested contained dioxane, a cancer-causing chemical, as an ingredient.
- Some natural products can still cause allergies or irritation.
- Commercial organic cleaning solutions are often more expensive.
Non-Organic, Conventional Cleaning Solutions
If you need a thorough and deep clean, you may choose a non-organic, conventional cleaning solution.
Some of the benefits of non-organic cleaning solutions include:
- Greater effectiveness in removing dirt, stains, and odors, as well as disease causing bacteria and pathogens.
- Conventional cleaning solutions produce the pristine and thoroughly clean effect most of us are accustomed to.
- When conventional cleaning solutions are used with a professional carpet cleaning machine and the proper operating technique, chemicals in the solution will be neutralized and completely rinsed and removed from the carpet during the service.
The drawbacks of non-organic cleaning solutions include:
- Concerns over environmental pollution impacts and the effect on local eco-systems.
- Chemicals in cleaning solutions may cause allergies or irritation to pets or sensitive family members.
- Conventional cleaning products may be sourced from non-renewable resources.
- Non-professional use of hired machines and incorrect application of carpet cleaning solutions can damage flooring and leave a chemical
Choosing the right cleaning solution for your home is not always simple, particularly when undergoing professional tile cleaning, carpet cleaning or upholstery cleaning. It’s best to talk about your needs and concerns with a professional carpet cleaner before your cleaning service, to help find the right cleaning solution for a cleaner, safer home or office.
Get a free bottle of Spot Out with any free estimate or service, no purchase required! Our Spot Out cleaner replaces your regular carpet cleaning products such as Woolite or Resolve. Best of all, get free refills for life! If you have any questions about our free Spot Out program, give us a call!